Winning Basketball Fundamentals: Lee Rose
Lee Rose has developed hundreds of players at the high school, collegiate, and professional levels throughout his 50-year coaching career. He shares his knowledge of the game in "Winning Basketball Fundamentals" with offensive and defensive strategies, individual and team drills, and a valuable player evaluation system to help guide coaching efforts.
Lee Rose has been one of basketball's most knowledgeable and respected coaches over the past 50 years at the high school, college, and professional levels. "Winning Basketball Fundamentals" presents his proven program for success, the same one he used in taking teams from two different colleges to the Final Four.
From offense to defense to transition play and special situations, Rose covers every tactical facet of the game and adds his insights for improving execution in each. He presents popular offensive systems--the Triangle, LA, Flex, Dribble Drive, and Motion--as well as man-to-man and zone defensive schemes, with suggestions for when and how to deploy and adjust them.
Rose also teaches all the essential individual skills required for performing those tactics proficiently and consistently, with special tips for executing when the game is on the line. Perimeter- and post-specific instruction and drills will help players build on their skills through practice.
Coach Rose also shares his Performance Rating System--a tool he's used time and again to develop some of the game's top players. Rose explains not only how to identify strengths and weaknesses but also how to use that information to maximize the potential of individual players and the team.
Flashy and fluke plays might be fun to watch, but you can't build a successful season or career on them. "Winning Basketball Fundamentals" is the proven formula for developing the solid individual skills and team tactics you can count on game after game.
- "This incisive analysis of basketball's essentials will be an invaluable guide to coaches and players alike." Jordan Cohn -- NBA Scout
- "Lee Rose's ability to break down the game and communicate his thoughts is on a level with the best in basketball." Mike Pratt -- Basketball Radio Analyst, University of Kentucky Hall of Fame Member
- "Lee Rose has developed hundreds of players throughout his legendary career. In "Winning Basketball Fundamentals, " he continues to share his winning coaching strategy and offers the best drills to refine individual skills and team execution." Ed Conroy -- Head Basketball Coach Tulane University
- "The game needs more of Lee Rose's coaching style. "Winning Basketball Fundamentals "exemplifies the teaching that made him one of the most respected coaches in the game." Tom Crean -- Head Basketball Coach Indiana University
- "Coach Lee Rose provides an excellent resource for basketball enthusiasts. His understanding of the game is unmatched, and his commitment to excellence, integrity and hard work are exemplary. "Winning Basketball Fundamentals "is an outstanding primer on the game of basketball, and the basic principles, outlined by Coach Rose, are applicable to life in general - i.e., developing individual skills, team execution, and having a winning attitude. And Coach Rose's character and commitment to education and service are beyond reproach. I recommend this book." John E. Chowning -- Vice President for Church & External Relations Executive Assistant to the President, Campbellsville University
- "This book is a must read for all basketball coaches and those wanting to better understand the minds of these professionals. While the book can be technical in some places, Coach Rose's knowledge and proven system for success is superb. His recipe for success on the court and in life can be found in this resource." Jim Tackett -- Executive Director Forward in the Fifth