Dick Bennett: The "Pack-Line" Pressure Defense
- Learn how to run the unstoppable "Pack-Line" defense with coach Dick Bennett
- Philosophy and demonstration on how to run the "Pack-Line" defense
- "Pack-line" defense shuts down lane penetration and post play
It has been 20 years since Coach Dick Bennett released his best selling "Pressure Defense" instructional video. Now Bennett is back to share how his pressure defense has evolved into the unstoppable "Pack-Line" defense that have earned his WSU Cougars back-to-back scoring defense titles. By utilizing the "Pack-Line," the defense shuts down penetration and the post. Here is a sample of what Bennett teaches and demonstrates in this ultimate defensive video:
- Bennett guides you through the systematic process of teaching, demonstrating, and providing drills to reinforce the "Pack-Line" defense.
- He teaches the two aspects of defense a coach can control: Transition defense and shutting down the post.
- Coach Bennett's post defense principles (and four different drills to enhance your team's post defense).
- Ball pressure strategies and techniques.
- "Off the ball" defensive strategies.
- Bennett's philosophy on guarding ball and post screens, as well as a demonstration to show how to keep the continuity of the defense and not allow easy buckets.
- Discussion of the seven situations that can cause your defense problems.
- Extensive game footage to reinforce and give you a better understanding of how the "Pack-Line" defense comes together - to give your team the advantage to dominate your opponent.
Known as one of the premiere defensive minds in the game, Coach Bennett scores big with his must have "Pack-Line" defense.
75 minutes. 2005.